SPOILER ALERT!

Special Forces - Veterans

Special Forces - Veterans - Aleksandr Voinov, Marquesate, Vashtan I don't know. I really wanted to like this book. I basically finished the series as I had read the first two and wanted to know how the story would end. I still hate Jean and he was in this book a lot. He just rubs me the wrong way, which is great, if Dan hadn't kept sleeping with him. If Dan had stopped sleeping with him, I actually think I would have liked Jean more.

I'm peeved that Dan and Vadim weren't monogamous. I know this might be just me and yes perhaps I am all about the happy ever afterI thought the book started off really well. I was rivetted by the start and I did have a moment where I thought, this is going to be great, but once it got to the point where Dan and Vadim went to visit Jean after Pascal's death, I thought well the greatness in this story is gone. Then it felt to me like it descended into one big how many times can we fit sex in.

It angered me that even when Vadim said he didn't like them having sex with others, it carried on as apparently agreeable to both of them. Grr. Yes I know strong feelings.

I'm still a little shocked as I really loved Soldiers and now part of me wishes that I had stopped reading after the first book and just imagined my own ending. I think that would have made me happier.

Oh well, in my imagination I can pretend it never happened. I will definitely re read Soldiers again in the future, but won't be going back for another serving of Mercenaries or Veterans.