SPOILER ALERT!

Deadlocked

Deadlocked - Charlaine Harris Another great read from Charlaine Harris. I have throughly enjoyed this series and it is kind of sad to think there is only one more book to go.

What did I like. Loved Sookie of course. A fantastic heroine. I feel like Sookie is finally coming into her own about who she is in the supernatural and human world. I enjoyed the whole who killed Kym and felt this whole sequence in the book was well written. Angst, angst and more angst between Sookie and Eric. I expected it and am such a sucker for any book which has this element in it. Angst made the book actually more enjoyable for me and set the scene nicely for the last book. I am so glad that Charlaine clearly showed the suitors being kicked to the curb and that there are only two men left standing for that honour. Only another year to ponder that one.

What didn't I like so much? Well my idea that the fae were after Sookie for breeding ;) went out the window. I am kind of glad I was wrong. But I felt the wrapping up of the whole Fae storyline was a little weak. I don't know, I think I just expected there to be more drama and there wasn't. I was kind of hoping that Fintan might come out of the woodwork given that he could disguise himself. I also thought Jannalynn's story arc was a bit predicable. With the cluviel dor I also expected a bit more. Yes it was used for a good cause to save a life, but I don't know I think I expected something a bit more earth shattering. Perhaps it was in the dust of Eric and Sookie's relationship, but perhaps my expectations were a bit high.

Revised 02/05. Well I still liked the book, but I didn't love it this time around. Why didn't I pick up how obvious the ending was going to be. I think I was in my own little fairy world so to speak. I thought this was the "hard time" for Sookie and Eric's relationship. Apparently it was really the beginning of the end. Disappointed.

Overall a great book and one I could recommend. Roll on May 2013.